There are many factors to consider when it comes to security for your business. One of the most important decisions you will have to make is whether or not to hire armed or unarmed security guards. Both options have their pros and cons, and it can be difficult to decide which is right for your business. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of each option and help you decide which is best for you.
Every business owner is concerned about security. It is your duty as a business owner to ensure that personnel and assets are safe during and after working hours.
Adding a layer of protection by displaying security guards either armed or unarmed, is one way to increase security. When we are surrounded by security personnel, visitors, as well as ourselves, feel safer.
Depending on the size of security companies in Surrey, BC, its security standards are unique. We’ll look at this popular question in this blog.
But first of all,
Let’s explore the duties and responsibilities of armed and unarmed security guards.
Armed Security Guards
The primary function of security guards in the armed form is to safeguard property, life, and premises. It is the duty of an armed security guard to protect people, property, and facilities from risks and dangers.
A security guard is a person who has been licensed to carry weapons. These security guards are specially educated to deal with the peculiarities of extreme safety and threats via weapons. They are frequently known as armed security officers.
The Qualities of an Armed Security Guard
An armed security guard officer must have excellent moral character, good hygiene, excellent physical condition, polite, mentally sane, and have decent communication skills. He must be able to use firearms competently. To handle stressful situations, he/she must be calm and self-assured.
Usually, we see armed security guards in banks, high emergency areas or personal bodyguards.
Armed Guard Security Officer Responsibilities
- Any kind of abuse or harassment, physical assault, robbery, etc. Should be prevented from harming individuals and locations.
- Trained in the use of weapons and arms in the case of an emergency.
- Using weapons in life-threatening situations to save lives and property.
- Keeping records of each person who comes to the region and recording their coming and going times.
- In accordance with basic security procedures, complete armed security operations.
- Quick response to any kind of crime regardless of waiting for police to come.
- Check and maintain your security cameras on a regular basis. Check the area for company activities to run smoothly on a regular basis.
If you’re searching for security guards in Surrey British Columbia that are well-armed, Securiway Security has highly trained security personnel.
Unarmed Security Guards
The primary duty of unarmed security guards is to protect property, life, and buildings. They are not permitted to keep weapons or instructed in their use. Their primary goal is to avoid crime rather than react if it occurs.
In most cases, unarmed security guards are observed at mall entrances doing security checks, and managing crowds in stadiums as event security guards, clubs, or outside factories.
Qualities of Unarmed Security Guards
Unlike armed security guards, unarmed security guards do not have the ability to use weapons in an emergency situation.
Gatekeepers are frequently unarmed security guards who must take on the duty of barrier.
What Do Unarmed Security Guards Do
- They may have to serve as a gatekeeper on small premises.
- Unarmed security guards are responsible for keeping track of people and items as they enter or leave their duty area.
- Visitors must provide identification documents or cell phones for some of the security procedures. As a result, unarmed security personnel are careful with people’s belongings.
- When people enter and leave a facility, basic security checks should be completed.
- Maintaining order and security in large gatherings like stadiums.
- When violence erupts, they are the first responders. They call the cops and temporarily restrain the individual until local law enforcement arrives.
- If a violation of rules occurs or if they have any concerns about an impending emergency, report it to the authorities.
- Other responsibilities like CCTV surveillance, mobile patrolling, responding to the phone calls of employers etc.
We’ve now established the distinction between armed and non-armed security personnel.
Here the question comes: Which type of security guard should you hire?
These points will help you in answering your question.
Access your security requirements
The first step is to thoroughly examine your company needs, such as the region in which you do business, the threats you face, and your assets.
A professional security firm, on the other hand, may assist their security guards to hold responsibilities for meeting your security needs. However, there are a few things to consider before deciding whether to hire armed or unarmed guards.
Buildings in many firms are left empty, including warehouses to store inventory, parking lots, and storehouses. Most robberies and mishaps, such as fire accidents and hazardous material mishandling, occur in these areas because they are frequently neglected.
If your warehouse’s inventory is costly, the chance of robbery rises. In this scenario, you may need armed security guards that are also equipped with CCTV surveillance. However, if your warehouse has regular inventories, you’ll want to employ a patrol security guard. Mobile security guards are thoroughly trained to manage situations like these.
The safety standards vary depending on the degree of urbanization in your region.
A security firm will provide you with a better understanding of the security needs in your neighbourhood and help you assess the risks.
Off Business Hours Protection
Some tasks in your company must be carried out after or before business hours. Employees working overtime, cleaning or sanitizing the workplace, night shift workers, loading or unloading inventory, logistics, and so on are all examples of this scenario.
Who will take care, if your employee or cleaner forgets to lock the doors?
For this, you need strict security guards.
Your suppliers may not adhere to your 9-5 business hours. Deliveries can be made early in the morning or late at night. As a business owner, it’s your duty to ensure that everyone is safe.
Again, there is the danger of death, accidents, or robbery. As a result, you’ll need armed security guards while your company is closed. Mobile patrols, emergency security guards, and CCTV surveillance security guards are also required.
Security guards are a great way of ensuring that your business is safe and secure. Securiway specializes in assessing your company’s security needs and offers a number of solutions such as static security guards, mobile patrol protection, CCTV security, and much more. So get an estimate from us right away.
Comments are closed.